Hello, movie lovers, friends and anything in between.
It would be polite to introduce myself so you have better idea about the person sitting behind the screen.
My name is Luke, I’m almost 29 years old and ever since I remember, I’ve loved movies. I love watching movies, I love debating movies, I love loving movies…? Maybe that’s too much, but I can’t help it. There is something greater about this medium than any other I can think of. It makes you feel one way one minute and then can pull the rug under you the next minute.
Couple of bullet points about me:
- I come from non-English speaking country (Czech Republic), so please bear with me if something doesn’t make sense and ask and comment any typos, or anything really that strikes you as odd and leaves you wondering “what the fuck was he trying to say…?”
- Yes, I don’t mind swearing. I’ll try my very best not to do it on regular basis (at least on this blog) but sometimes when something needs to be underlined, there are no better words.
- I have no film or writing background, I didn’t go to college or Uni for this (my background is in IT) so I am by no means a professional, I’m just a movie lover that hopes to find people who sometimes agree with his take on movies, TV shows, podcasts etc.
- I am not going to focus on specific movies, my plan is to be myself and I tend to watch anything and everything, from new movies playing in the cinema, to old movies (and no, by old I don’t mean movies from 1991, even though that’s almost 30 years ago, and holy shit I’m getting old and you’re getting old and we are on the path to death… sorry where was I? Oh yeah, close the bracket explaining old movies). From comedies, to dramas, horrors, musicals, westerns, there is no genre I dislike. A good film is good film, no matter the genre.
- I’m also planning to review a fair amount of TV shows, as I’m obsessed with TV shows (anything from Netflix, HBO to BBC dramas).
- Under the Misc section, I’ll write anything in between where I meditate about the current state of movies, TV shows, review a podcast or two, all that good stuff.
If this sounds like a journey you’d like to go on with me, I’ll be more than happy to take you with me. If not, no hard feelings, same with movies, no one movie is ever universally loved.
Until next time,